The International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy (IACP) is a world leader in membership-based cognitive and cognitive-behavioral therapy associations. Membership in the IACP is open, but not limited to professionals and students in disciplines such as psychology, psychiatry, social work, medicine, nursing, dentistry, rehabilitation, guidance, pastoral counseling, general medical practice, counseling and education. Although benefits vary according to membership category, benefits for individual members are as follows:
1. The International Journal of Cognitive Therapy: Members receive the journal FREE as part of their membership. Edited by John Riskind, and published by Guilford, the journal of IACP (4 issues per year) offers members the opportunity to keep up with the latest developments in CBT.
2. Training: IACP’s Speakers’ Bureau is an immense benefit for members. It currently provides several online training services for those who are unable to travel, do not have the time or the resources to travel to conferences, lack training resources within their own country, or simply enjoy training online. At present, members can view keynote presentations from our 2011 triennial conference, audiotape talks from leading cognitive therapy experts from around the world, and can arrange live online talks and consultationsthrough IACP’s training committee.
3. Triennial International Conferences: IACP’s international conferences offer members the opportunity to meet and network with CBT therapists around the world and learn about the latest developments in CBT from our most eminent world leaders in CBT. IACP Members receive a special registration discount for our conferences. The next conference will be held in Hong Kong in June, 2014.
4. Newsletter. Members receive an online quarterly newsletter giving them cutting edge news about CBT.
5. Optional Listing in the Online International Therapist Referral Directory: Members have the option to have their practices listed on our online international therapist referral directory for an additional annual fee. The online international therapist referral directory is accessed by consumers throughout the world.
6. Additional Benefits. Members are also entitled to a 15% discount off books, professional resources, and more. This includes new, recent, and bestselling titles on cognitive therapy (visit www.guilford.com/cbt -Promotional Code IACP). Members also receive significant discounts on car rentals through Avis and Hertz, and book and journal discounts from Elsevier, Springer, American Psychiatric Publishing, and Routledge.
website at www.the-iacp.com